Helen Standing - Music Tutor (West Wales UK)
Pupils will receive printed sheet music with search names, codes or links to access online audio/video resources via YouTube and/or BandPad.
A subscription to Bandpad is included in your lesson fees.
There are over 400 interactive tunes for you to play via BandPad.
- Ideally, put your device in landscape position not portrait.
- Go to the BandPad Website.
- Click on ‘Sign In’.
- Enter the BandPad Access Code received in your lesson.
- Click the ‘Sign in’ box.
- Type the tune title in the search box.
- Click on the magnifying glass.
- Search and/or click on the correct song title.
- Click on a note if you want a reminder about the notation.
- To start the backing track, press Play or Slo (slow) if available / prefered
Note: If BandPad becomes unavailable, alternative resources will be provided in the lessons where appropriate.
Note: Students are welcome to bring other resources but this will probably mean there is little or no time to use Bandpad, and therefore an account may not necessarily be set up for you.
Tomplay has a much wider range of interactive pieces and is a good follow-on for intermediate and advanced players. Interested students can subscribe to Tomplay’s entire range or buy individual tracks.
For copyright reasons, it is illegal for you to share many of the Play-Along resources with others as I only have clearance for use with people attending lessons.